Friday, August 22, 2014

Let me in 1


                       



I've been on this world for 20 years now, I was the girl that came after two boys. While all the people that knew me thought I was the spoilt brat that Nael and Sana had. However I never saw myself like this. My parents spoilt all of us equally and only when we'd deserved it. They had no trouble at all parenting because of the strict rules we've been following under our roofless house. My two brothers Nawaf and Nasser were 11 and 8 years older than I was respectively.

I was that noisy girl in my teenage years that was why I was all always missed if I was absent from any gathering. Omy 3alematny 3ala shay ena el bnt lazm "Reelha 3ala reel omha" mo ma3nata ma6la3 with my friends or cousins la bl 3aks I do a lot! But when I have nothing to do I must go with her to her cousins and aunts houses. 

The driver at our house was here when Nasser was a year old and our nanny came when I was born, they're practically family Helen the Filipino and Bishr the Indian. The other nannies changed constantly 

I always complained about how much I want a sister and my mother and her own siblings weren't on good basis anymore for the past 7 years  

She never shed a tear when all that happened, well at least not in front of me. For that my dad nicknamed her as "The Woman of Steel". However, I was the exact opposite abchy 3ala ayshay I can't handle those moments they were too strong for me. 

She was more than a mother with me and I loved her more everyday, doesn't mean she knew all my secrets or whatever happened between me and my friends was all poured out to my mom NO I was clever I knew what to say and what to keep to myself. Bas kether ma knt ag3ad ma3a omy knt akbar mn 3omry bwayed. I was independent, mature and always got things done. 
It all started right here when dad got a call from his employee while we were on vacation, the three of us my parents and I.

Dad: el ma3ra'9 ebalish ba3ad 4 ayam... Waih chan gtly asmet'ha laih hnak bu waleed... Khala9 79al 5air ana adg a7jiz mashkour ya rayes 

Me: haw sh9ayerr 

7ady malgofa o magdar an6r 

Dad: el ma3rath ely baro7la eb Hong Kong 6la3 shahar 9 mo 10... Ha ya om Nawaf tyeen weyay o Dania trja3 7ag jam3at'ha

Mom: yaraby shlon ahayit'ha hnak bl kuwait bro7ha

Me: yuma wallah lat7ateny ana a9lan klyoum baro7 laih eljam3a a3adl eb hal jadwal o 3gb badawem intay shetsawin bl bayt bro7ich

Mom: wallah madry khala9 bu Nawaf saw ely eray7ik 

Dad called the travel agency and booked their flight to Hong Kong the day I head back to Kuwait.

Me: yalla yuma yuba ma3a esallamah ashofkom bl Kuwait enshallah 

Lmayt'hom o bist'hom and I made my way to my gate.
In the plane I read دعاء الركوب and slept. 

Both my brothers were here to pick me up as usual.

During those few days before my parents came back I'd go out with Sabacha and Dalya early till 9 pm, mom and dad would call everyday to check on me and the brothers
Running errands around Kuwait city, Shuwaikh, some tailors and specific clothing stores o klyoum khitamoha misk eb ma63am mn our favorites. 
Nino, Slice, Urban cafe ,Pizzeta and many more
We were all the same age and height! 
Thalatna mo mit7ajbin 
Ana o Sabacha louna aqmaj mn Dali ib wayed
Sha3ry kan aswad ohma sha3arhom afta7 
3yony kithr mahi qamja matfargon bain il pupil o loun 3youny. 
Dali sha3arha kisha o kila m2a5ratna wehya tsan3 bhal kisha!  

My parents are supposed to come home tomorrow morning it was a Saturday.

They said their flight was arriving at 10 am but it wasn't, because they were planning to surprise us...  





Shoot me with your comments, this is just the beginning ❤️
Twitter
@Madliarq8

5 comments: